Author: Eran Feinstein

Introducing the M-Pesa Xpress Feature for M-Pesa

M-Pesa is a mobile money service that was launched by Vodafone for Safaricom in 2007. It offers users the chance to deposit, withdraw, and transfer money using their mobile phones. Many people use M-Pesa to give money to friends and family, pay[…]

Read More

The Latest in African Fintech 2017 and Forecasts for 2018

As of August 2017, African fintech startups have raised over $100 million in investment.  And, we don’t see them slowing down anytime soon.

There are over 300 fintech startups active in Africa, with over 31% in South Africa, followed by Nigeria[…]

Read More

The eCommerce and Digital Payments Landscape in Mozambique

Mozambique, which is approximately 3 times as large as Great Britain, is divided into 154 districts.  As of 2016, only 72 of these districts had bank branches in them. The Mozambique government and commercial banks in the country have undertaken[…]

Read More

The Development of the mVisa Payment Option

mVisa is an exciting digital payment method which offers simple implementation, security and interoperability between banks and mobile networks. It was first introduced in a pilot with Indian banks in October of 2015, followed by expansion in[…]

Read More

Understanding Dynamic Currency Conversion - A Presentation

Dynamic currency conversion (DCC) is a feature that allows credit card holders to pay for products and services abroad with their local currency.

Read More

Mobile Payments Penetration and the State of Digital Payments in Zimbabwe

According to a study carried out in 2014, only 30% of the Zimbabwean population had accounts in formal banks.  The remaining 70% have traditionally shied away from Zimbabwe's banking industry.  While many Sub-Saharan countries have a large[…]

Read More

Why the Same Transaction is Successfully Processed By One Provider, But Not Another

Let’s take a typical scenario. A customer from Brazil tries to buy a product from an Africa-based tourism website. The transaction is declined. Then, he tries to buy the same product from another Africa-based tourism website, and the transaction[…]

Read More

The Payments Landscape in Tanzania

Tanzania’s commercial banking landscape is highly regulated, however, recent years have seen improvements in efficiencies and the implementation of internationally accepted protocols.  

Read More

How to Use QR Codes for Payments

QR Codes are two dimensional barcodes made of pixelated black and white squares, designed to be read by a mobile phone camera. While there are many different uses for QR codes, one of the most common uses is to make mobile payments. Especially[…]

Read More

Top 5 Challenges in Online Payments and How to Overcome Them

Online merchants and consumers alike expect online buying and selling to be easy, efficient, and safe. Ecommerce transactions trigger complex automated processes that involve downstream players: banks and payment processors to name just two. In[…]

Read More

Direct Pay Online Digest

Recent Posts